Art of Boom Studios

Category: Books,Humor & Entertainment,Pop Culture

Art of Boom Studios Details

Celebrating the company's 6-year anniversary, this limited edition hardcover spotlights the greatest covers from the last 6 years of BOOM!'s publishing catalogue. Dave Johnson, John Cassaday, Rafael Albuquerque, Tim Bradstreet, Sean Phillips, and many others grace the pages of this one-of-a-kind collection from some of today's hottest artists.

Reviews

The perfect collection of BOOM! Studios art.There’s just some great stuff in here. And I love how it’s collected.I could do without a Stan Lee intro, though. While I appreciate what he did with comics, he’s just way to ubiquitous, and it’s ironic that in this book of art, in highlights the invisibility of artists like Ditko and Kirby who we owe as much to - and who Lee owes much to. Also ironic that he says, “the first thing you need is a great story” - if that’s the case, we owe more to Ditko and Kirby, since they designed the stories by creating the art, and Lee just wrote words to put in the word balloons. But I digress.This book really made me want to check out some of these comics. I’ve heard Irredeemable is pretty great.The Anchor has me curious. As does NOLA.I’m liking the art in Potter’s Field and Unthinkable.Ooh! The Unknown and Hexed look really interesting! As does Cthulhu Tales! Dark and creepy.What is Cold Space??? And what is Kill Audio??? I need to find out more.I remember when Mr. Stuffins came out originally! I was going to collect them from my LCS, but it was way back when I was in and out of comics. My kids were young, and money didn’t flow as freely, so I wasn’t as consistent. I’ll have to find those in trade.Anyway, some pretty impressive stuff in here - check it out if you get a chance.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel